Black Shark 4 Pro Review: A Powerhouse in Your Pocket
Earlier, Black Shark officially announced that Black Shark will launch the first batch of new products equipped with Snapdragon 888 in the first quarter of 2021. They also stated that as the pioneer of Chinese gaming phones, Black Shark always pays attention to the performance of mobile phones and insists on using the flagship SOC for all products. Instead, the “killer” battery feature for the Black Shark 4 comes via charging.
- Each one that I’ve tried is a slightly different take on an exorbitant design, of course.
- More graphically intensive games like Genshin Impact do stress the phone more and after a few hours, it can still get too hot.
- Instead, you’re treated to a single triangular RGB panel that sits just beneath the rear-facing cameras, customisable to display different colours and patterns when you’re gaming, getting calls and more.
- To assess the quality of a device’s sensor features, we calculate a score that takes into account all sensor information.
The Xiaomi Black Shark 4 comes with Android OS v11.0 out of the box, but it is upgradable to the next OS. Android is a mobile operating system developed by Google based on a modified version of the Linux kernel and other open-source software. Features 6.67″ Display, Snapdragon 870 5G Chipset, 4500 MAh Battery, 256 GB Storage, 12 GB RAM. This mobile gaming device is a mashup of purebred gaming phones and Xiaomi’s typical value-packed handsets.
Charge the phone to at least 50% so that the flashing process will not be interrupted by low battery. Interrupting the firmware installation means bricking your phone. Xiaomi Black Shark 4 USB Driver allows you to connect your Xiaomi Smartphone to the Windows Computer without installing the Xiaomi PC Suite Application.
At £429, the entry-level model is one of the cheapest dedicated gaming phones you can buy. For comparison, link download the
- The graphics performance is also slightly higher, and a few additional frames in games are certainly welcome.
- In this situation, we use a calculation methodology with a technology approach.
- I recognize that there’s an audience of mobile gamers who rely solely on touch controls.
- The Xiaomi Black Shark 4 pro is equipped with the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 with 8GB/12GB/16GB of RAM, and a best-in-class thermal design.
- If you’re a stickler for photo quality, use the primary camera.
That’s a fraction of the Black Shark 4 Pro’s 720Hz spec, but I’d argue that the tangible difference probably isn’t perceptible to most people. And, at this point, the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 within the S22 series outpaces the Snapdragon 888 that’s in the 4 Pro. You can have most of the power that you need in a phone that looks far better than this one and works with many more US carriers. The Black Shark 4 Pro won’t work with LTE or 5G networks on most carriers — at least reliably.